Thursday, December 27, 2007

One Rough Christmas Eve...

According to FoxNews, an Iowa man spent Christmas Eve in a septic tank. "Christmas Eve stunk for Robert Schoff.
The 77-year-old Des Moines man got stuck in his septic tank.
"It wasn't good, I'll tell you what," Schoff told the Des Moines Register. "It was the worst Christmas Eve I've ever had."
Schoff's holiday adventure started Monday when he dug a hole and reached inside to find a clog. He lost his balance and became wedged in the opening of the tank.
The 5-foot 5-inch, 135-pound Schoff hollered, screamed and hoped his wife, Toni, would hear him.
He waited for an hour until she walked by a window and noticed feet in the air.
"I saw these kicking feet and ran out, but couldn't get him out," Toni Schoff said.
She called 911.
Two Polk County sheriff's deputies arrived to yank her husband out.
"How that happened, I don't know," he said. "I thought it was the end of my life. Thank God my wife saw me. I don't think I could have stood staying in there much more. She's my lifesaver.""

Thankfully, the guy's wife saw him. But imagine what the sheriff deputies were thinking when they saw his feet coming out of the septic tank....

No comments: