Thursday, November 1, 2007

Mile High Club Banned From A380 By Airline


According to the BBC, "Singapore Airlines has taken the unusual step of publicly asking passengers on its new Airbus A380 plane not to engage in any sexual activities.
The potential problem has arisen because the first class area of its giant superjumbo contains 12 private suites complete with double beds.
Singapore, which is the first airline to start flying the A380, said the suites were not sound-proofed.
It said it did not want anyone to offend other travellers or crew.
Singapore added that while the suites were private, they were also not completely sealed.
"All we ask of customers, wherever they are on our aircraft, is to observe standards that don't cause offence to other customers and crew," the airline said in a statement.
"Nothing different applies for our Singapore Airlines Suites customers."
Singapore Airlines took delivery of its first A380 earlier this month, with the first services between Singapore and Sydney starting on 25 October."

A previous post has a video tour of the plane.

 Subscribe in a reader

8 comments:

Bilbo said...

I've flown Singapore Airlines before, and very much enjoyed their service. As for asking flyers in first class to refrain from boffing at altitude, I say: why not? If you're willing to pay the insane fares asked for first-class travel, you ought to be able to enjoy a few perks. The sound of the engines ought to drown out all but the most energetic lovemakers.

Anonymous said...

Now that is a club I would love to belong to.

The All Seeing Eye said...

Debo Hobo! You make me blush... :)

Anonymous said...

Okay my bad, let me clarify! I would love to be a member of the First Class club that gets a private suit for an airline trip. Not a member of the "boffing" club. My Goodness! Sorry to imply differnt ;)

lina said...

wish i can afford to travel first class... though if i do, I'd be pretty stupid not to indulge in some "activities" way up in the sky...

Anonymous said...

I didnt know that there was an "allowance" of sexual activities on certain flights. Hmmmm...interesting.

mellowed blues said...

If you are a millionaire, fly Virgin. They encourage that "do it" on their flight.

The All Seeing Eye said...

Thanks for the info, Mellowed Blues. I can say that I didn't know that. ;)