Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thank goodness she had a gun...


WFAA-TV reports that "[an] attempted break-in early Sunday morning led to a terrifying and unexpected wake up call for a woman in Glenn Heights, [Texas].
While four men failed to break into Carrie Shannon's home on Brentwood Street, their attempt was captured on surveillance video.
Shannon was home alone when the men tried to kick in her door around 4:35 a.m.
"I immediately jumped up," she said of when she heard the loud kicking.
After hearing the men, Shannon said she got out of bed and called police on her cell phone.
"I grabbed my handgun and I proceeded right to the back, because as soon as I saw a shadow, I was going to go ahead and start shooting," she said.
After several kicks, the men gave up and took off.
"I just want to be safe here in my own home," Shannon said. "That's it. That's all I want."
Signs of the attempted home invasion were everywhere in the form of broken glass, damage to the door and a broken lock.
Shannon's home security camera didn't miss a beat either. It even caught one of the men cutting the phone line. The video was turned over to police..."
Thank goodness she woke up when she heard the noise and she had a gun in case the thugs got to her or her son. She was fortunate that she didn't have to use her gun.

8 comments:

BAMBOO BLITZ said...

Reading this story just sends chills up my spine because this is every woman's worst fear!

Anonymous said...

That's why we all should keep a little something under the mattress, if you know what I mean.

Shoot first ask them questions later, here in Texas we can lawfully do that if someone is breaking in to our home under the castle doctrine.

Alice said...

She's lucky she hasn't already shot her son by mistake if she's all set to shoot at shadows when she panics.

It's certainly not THIS woman's worst fear. Because we have good gun controls here in the UK, far far fewer intruders are ever armed with guns.

Looking over the pond from here, this kind of thing just makes the US seem uncivilised and primitive. No offence intended to yourselves, just a point of view...

Tawnya Shields said...

After reading this I am so gald I own a gun. I pray I never have to use it. I must make note I grew up around guns and I am aware of all the naysaers saying guns are bad and that people should not own them because they would only hurt themselves. Not true. I was taught to respect them and never played around and shot myself. My own children also were taught the same things. Crazy thing is I am very liberal but not when it comes to gun control. I know.. I am such a weirdo. :o)~

Good stories you got here.

The All Seeing Eye said...

Bamboo Blitz, I posted this story because it had a good ending for the lady and her son. Hopefully it will warn someone else to be careful and ever watchful

The All Seeing Eye said...

I understand what you're saying, Debo Hobo. If someone breaks into your home, then it isn't a time for you to offer them a cup of tea...

The All Seeing Eye said...

No offense taken, Alice.I want my blog to be a place where people with different views feel comfortable expressing them.The people in New Orleans are not safer since their police confiscated guns from around the city after Katrina.Guess whose guns didn't get collected?Yep, those would be in the hands of criminals with the city's murder rate at sky high levels.If someone is of sound mind and is properly trained on how to use and store a gun,then I am all for his/her right to have that gun (one of those US Constitutional rights). With approved concealed hand gun laws,the thug who wants to rape a woman has to think twice about whether he should be afraid of that woman walking with a purse.However,I would prefer if the woman or man was an expert at self-defense rather than having to rely on a gun.

The All Seeing Eye said...

I wouldn't say you were a weirdo, Titania. Some may say that you have seen "light" in your plitical leanings. Others might say that you have just thought out how you could better protect you and your family before the police are able to show up at your place after they have finished responding to a flase alarm.