Thursday, January 10, 2008

Man Sees 'Mark of the Beast'; Cuts Off, Microwaves Hand

What the?!
FoxNews reports in Hayden, Idaho, that a "man who believed he bore the "mark of the beast" used a circular saw to cut off one hand, then he cooked it in the microwave and called 911, authorities said.
The man, in his mid-20s, was calm when Kootenai County sheriff's deputies arrived Saturday in this northern Idaho town. He was in protective custody in the mental health unit of Kootenai Medical Center.
"It had been somewhat cooked by the time the deputy arrived," sheriff's Capt. Ben Wolfinger said. "He put a tourniquet on his arm before, so he didn't bleed to death. That kind of mental illness is just sad."
It was not immediately clear whether the man has a history of mental illness. Hospital spokeswoman Lisa Johnson would not say whether an attempt was made to reattach the hand, citing patient confidentiality....Wolfinger said he didn't know which hand was amputated."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gross!!!

Debbie Dolphin said...

Did he also hear Jesus repeat "the Truth shall set you Free?"

He should have swallowed a month's supply of Prozac and called Dr. Phil before nuking his hand!

Thanks to OpenID issues, my true virtual signature link is:
Debbie

The All Seeing Eye said...

Nicely put, Debo Hobo. Wonder what he had the microwave set on...

The All Seeing Eye said...

Debbie Dolphon, I think the guy must have been using some type of drugs to be seeing what he thought he was seeing. I'm sure they have a special padded room for him. Heopfully, he gets the help he needs. Unfortunately, it was too late for his hand...

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's more sad, the man's mental instability or the fact that this happened in my "neck of the woods". This is the first time I hear of it though. I might have to check my local newspapers.

Anonymous said...

Ok so I went and looked up the news links online (I love google) and one of the articles seems to quote a few passages of the Bible. This doesn't surprice me... over here there are a lot of folks that interpret the Book literally. I'm not surpriced the man upon believing he saw 'the mark' followed the literal instructions. Good ol' North Idaho.