Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ban On Replica Testicles On Trailer Hitches...

FoxNews reports that "It's one thing to dangle fuzzy dice from a rear view mirror, but decorating a trailer hitch with a large pair of rubber testicles might be a bit much in Virginia.
State Del. Lionel Spruill introduced a bill Tuesday to ban displaying replicas of human genitalia on vehicles, calling it a safety issue because it could distract other drivers.
Under his measure, displaying the ornamentation on a motor vehicle would be a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum fine of $250.
He said the idea came from a constituent whose young daughter spotted an example of the trail hitch adornment and asked her father to explain it.
"'I didn't know what to tell her,"' Spruill said the constituent told him before Spruill vowed to stop such displays.
"I said, 'Sir, I'm going to be a laughingstock, but I'm going to do it,"' he said.
The Virginia General Assembly has some experience with offbeat bills. Three years ago, it drew widespread attention with an unsuccessful effort to outlaw baggy pants worn so low they expose underwear.
Spruill, 61, said the indignity of the "droopy drawers" debate wouldn't deter him. He said he won't hesitate to bring a set of $24.95 trailer testicles with him for a legislative show-and-tell.
"I'm going to do it," Spruill told a handful of reporters after Tuesday's House session adjourned. "I'm going to bring them out here and show them to you till they tell me to stop."

Now I don't care to see these dangling from a truck. However, why aren't the politicians focused on correcting more important issues. The time spent on this could have been easily spent on making the education system in Virginia better. Or how about spending that time to crack down on fathers who are refusing to pay child support?....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad, but I am also kind of disappointed. Dudes display our feminine body parts all over the place and no one has a problem with that. Why not exploit the male genitalia just as woman are.

The All Seeing Eye said...

Thanks for your comment, Debo Hobo. Even though I don't want to see a set of balls hanging from a truck, I don't think a law is needed. And in our culture, a lady's breasts can be considered things of beauty. I have never heard of a guy's member being called "a thing of beauty."