Friday, October 5, 2007

iPod Sets Man's Pants On Fire

I stumbled onto the following story from WSB-TV in Atlanta.


"The new iPod Nano is hot. But one Douglasville man said his old Nano got even hotter -- hot enough to burst into flames.
“So I look down and I see flames coming up to my chest,” said Danny Williams.
Williams said the burn hole from the pocket of his pants marks the spot of his 15 seconds of flame. He said he had an iPod Nano and an glossy piece of paper in his pocket. He believes the paper shielded him from being burned.
“I’m still kind of freaked out that after only a year and a half my iPod caught fire in my pocket,” said Williams.
The iPod uses a lithium ion battery -- the same type of battery under recall for setting laptops on fire.
Williams said the fact is iPod Nano burst into flames while he was at work was bad enough, where he works could have been another issue. He works at a kiosk in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
“If TSA had come by and seen me smoking, they could have honestly thought I was a terrorist,” said Williams.
Williams said Apple wants him to send his iPod back and they’ve vowed to replace it. Williams’ mother called [WSB-TV] because she said this is more than one iPod. She said it’s about what could have happened.

“It could have happened when we were sleeping, it could have happened when he was driving and the outcome could have been much worse,” said Elaine Williams.
After [WSB-TV] sent Apple pictures of the iPod, they called back but they refused to say how common the problem is. In fact, Apple refused to talk about this particular incident at all. "


You can see the news story here.

6 comments:

Debbie Dolphin said...

Chestnuts Roasting on a iPenis?
Glossy paper shielded him from being burned?
If true, than he is one lucky man!

The All Seeing Eye said...

Love your humor, Debbie Dolphin!

Dan Hanosh said...

Friend
I was thinking about getting one. Now I'm not sure my boys . . would appreciate one. Sorry, I just had too. Dreams are yours to share. Dan H.

Dan Hanosh

Dreams Are Yours To Share

Titania Starlight said...

Now that was a story. Thanks for sharing.

I wanted to also drop by to say hello and to thank you for commenting on my Friday Feast.

Wishing you a lovely weekend. :o)

The All Seeing Eye said...

Dan, I would advise you to just mke sure your sons be aware of how hot the iPod gets. I haven't very many stories like this one.

Popcorn Ninja said...

That is a crazy story! Lesson of the story....make sure you keep it at a safe distance.