Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ex-ABC Newsman John McWethy Dies

Growing up, I was always watching ABC World News Tonight With Peter Jennings. John McWethy was one of the reporters that I remember watching. He frequently contributed to Ted Koppel's Nightline. He died Wednesday at age 61 after a skiing accident in Keystone, Colo. He presented the facts without spinning them. I couldn't tell what his personal political leanings were as he reporting on a subject. He always came across as fair and balanced before this became a media catch phrase. God bless you, Mr. McWethy, and thank you for bringing me the news.

Here's the story from ABC News.
Here's the statement from ABC News President David Westin.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I had not heard about this yet so thanks for posting about it...I also liked his reporting...

The All Seeing Eye said...

Thanks for your comment, Jenny. Our prayers go out to his family and friends.