Wednesday, March 12, 2008

'Creepy gnome' terrorises town


The Sun reports that "A TOWN in South America is living in fear after several sightings of a 'creepy gnome' that locals claim stalks the streets at night.
The midget - which wears a pointy hat and has a distinctive sideways walk - was caught on video last week by a terrified group of youngsters.
Teenager Jose Alvarez - who filmed the gnome - yesterday told national newspaper El Tribuno that they caught the creature while larking about in their hometown of General Guemes, in the province of Salta, Argentina.
He said: “We were chatting about our last fishing trip. It was one in the morning.
“I began to film a bit with my mobile phone while the others were chatting and joking.
"Suddenly we heard something - a weird noise as if someone was throwing stones.
"We looked to one side and saw that the grass was moving. To begin with we thought it was a dog but when we saw this gnome-like figure begin to emerge we were really afraid."
Jose added that other locals had come forward to say they had spotted the gnome.
He said: “This is no joke. We are still afraid to go out - just like everyone else in the neighbourhood now.
"One of my friends was so scared after seeing that thing that we had to take him to the hospital.”"

2 comments:

Kimba The White Lioness said...

Oh my, maybe it's Soup No. 5 (Mike)! And all this time I thought he was in Georgia, not Argentina! (sorry - I couldn't resist. Soup No.5 is one of my contacts whose blogs I follow regularly. I'll have to click on him and ask!)

Anyway, this made me laugh because when my kids were younger, they used to tease me with their made up tales of garden gnomes being around our property, that would only come out at night - and that ONLY children could see! Ha! The two of them conjured up this huge fabrication just to try to trick me. They must have carried on with it every summer for about three years... as if I would've believed them! Sheesh! How gullible do I look?! I mean, just because I believe in Santa Claus still, does NOT mean I believe in gnomes...


=)

Anonymous said...

Gnomes are people too! And have a right to get groceries!

But that is an interesting photo and a bit creepy. I guess I'd be a bit freaked out if I saw something like that late at night.